My research informs my personal life. My life inspires my art. My art transforms my research. I create and iterate.
MIS-READING | A feminist library.
“mis-” a prefix applied to various parts of speech, meaning “ill,” “mistaken,” “wrong,” “wrongly,” “incorrectly,” or simply negating: mistrial; misprint; mistrust.
My current projects MISS meditates on the meaning of all things deemed ‘mis-‘ –wrong, dirty, broken, ‘abnormal.’ From misfits to misreading, misunderstandings to mistakes, MISS/MIS confronts the categorical imperative of labeling things as good/bad, yes/no, men/women, appropriate/not. I pause, ponder, and ask why? Join me on this journey
- The Slow Undoing of Velcro Shoes (2017)
- Imagining ‘America’: My Mother’s Refugee Journey to America (2017)
- Presenting my work, Presenting myself in Vietnamese (2016)
- How I had a feminist Asian American wedding (2016)
- I was raised on stories of a war-torn Vietnam (2016)
- Vietnamese: The foreign language I’ve always known (2014)
- Bilingual Friendships: Making friends in Vietnamese and English (2014)
- Vignettes of Contemporary Conversation (2012-present)
- Meditations on the Medium (2013-present)
I built HAPTIC. (EST. 2016)
HAPTIC means ‘relating to the sense of touch and proprioception.’ HAPTIC honors the meaning of ‘touch’ by making artistic tools, educational resources, and collaborative platforms. HAPTIC also inspires the making of art that touches others and uplifts our spirits.
- HAPTIC PRESS | CREATIVE PLAYGROUND AND PUBLISHER
- See my full portfolio: CINDY NGUYEN – ARTIST, CURATOR, FILM
- FORUM | COMMUNITY
- TOOLS | CREATIVE PRODUCTION
Follow Haptic Industries on Instagram.